Age of Blog

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Advertisment

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Tristripe

Hi, bloggy..

yesterday as I flipped my mom's old cookbook... I found a dessert that looks good and easy to make... so I checked on my mom's foods stock and yes... all the ingredients were there except cornflour and fresh milk... So I asked  my dad to buy them and he was happily helping me out .. "YeaY!! Thanx Ayah".... And I started doing my first attempt of TriStripe... which is the original recipe is coffee, vanilla and Chocolate Stripe... but I don't like coffee... so my mom suggested strawberry sauce.. since we got some strawberry that we bought during our vacay at Cameron Highlands... Yeay i think it would be GRRRRRREEEEEEAAAATTT!!



Here is the recipe

CHOC STRIPE


1/2 cup castor sugar
2 tbsp of cornflour                                              
300 ml fresh milk
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp choc powder
2 tbsp unsalted butter

- in a sauce pot mix all this ingredients together
- bring to boil and do not forget to stir
- over a medium heat... add in the egg yolk and continue whisking gradually till boiled
- remove fr heat and stir in butter and choc powder
- stir stir stir till smooth

VANILLA STRIPE



1/2 cup castor sugar
2 tbsp of cornflour
300 ml fresh milk
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp unsalted butter



- in a sauce pot mix all this ingredients together
- bring to boil and do not forget to stir
- over a medium heat... add in the egg yolk and continue whisking gradually till boiled
- remove fr heat and stir in butter and vanilla essence
- stir stir stir till smooth again..

STRAWBERRY SAUCE


A handfull of strawberry (each of cut into 4)
4 tbsp castor sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon/lime
1/2 water
2 tbsp cornstarch

- let them simmer in medium heat till strawberry soft and the sauce gets thicken

let them slightly cool.... place them in a glass or dessert bowl... and refridge the till it really cool then serve with whipped cream... YUUMMMM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisment